Sleep, the best training tool you have - Simon Ward and Nick Littlehales
Listen to the podcast here.
Nick Littlehales was one of my very first guests on the podcast almost 3 years ago (If you're interested in listening to that episode to hear how much the podcasts have changed, please go HERE). Knowledge and information about sleep has also moved on, hence the reason for inviting Nick back onto the show. If you’re at all interested in improving your human and athletic performance, you should know sleep is a critical part of this. Forget compression garments, protein shakes and massage. Sleep is hands down the #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and probably right through to #10 the best way to help your body recover. Best of all, it's FREE! You should be making more of this super-recovery tool.
This is the first of a two-part conversation. In part 1 Nick and I chat about the importance of sleep and Nick takes us through his 7 step Key Sleep Recovery Indicators (KSRI’s) as well as:
- Owls vs Larks and why it’s important to know your "sleep chronotype”
- How what you do when you wake up can set you up for a good night’s sleep
- Compressed Recovery Periods and how to get yours each day
- The importance of sunlight for good sleep
- Post- and pre-sleep routines and how they affect your sleep
- Why your mum was right about sleep
You can listen to Simon's podcast here
To find out more about Simon’s SWAT programme, please click HERE
Visit Simon's website for more information about his coaching programmes
For any questions please email Beth@TheTriathlonCoach.com